For people who are sick of always getting hangovers.a
Although you know the consequences, you never seem to learn.
In this article we will introduce 3 ways (Before drinking, while drinking, and after drinking) to prevent hangovers just by making a few adjustments. We hope you try them out.
１．Things you want to keep in your stomach before drinking.
- Protein helps the functions of the liver, so ingesting before you drink will help your body break down alcohol.
- Helps stabilize the secretion of stomach acids, enabling you to avoid stomach aches, heartburn, and nausea when you wake up the next morning.
- Fills your stomach, preventing alcohol from being quickly absorbed by the body.
Although milk has many positive effects, drinking milk is not actually scientifically proven to stop drunken sickness.
- Helps protect the mucus membrane of the stomach.
- Since it is an alkaline based substance, it helps neutralize the body which becomes acid base due to alcohol.
- Turmeric contains “Curcumin”, which helps strengthen the functions of the liver.
- Oils contained help slow down the absorption of alcohol.
２．What you should eat and drink while drinking
【Drink plenty of water】
- It is very important to lower the amount of alcohol in your blood, so if you are drinking strong liquor on the rocks, be sure to drink a chaser along with it.
- Drinking water also helps replenish water that was excreted from the body when going to the bathroom, which alcohol consumption speeds up.
【Try to drink warm drinks】
- It is said that since cold drinks are slowly absorbed and takes time to become intoxicated, you end up drinking too much before actually becoming drunk.
- Warm alcoholic drinks warm the inner organs, and is gentle to the stomach and intestines, reducing the chance of stomach aches and heartburn. Warming the liver strengthens the breaking down of alcohol.
【Order foods that contain high quality protein】
- Choose foods that help the liver functions.
- Boiled tofu contains plenty of protein which helps the liver functions, and also helps warm the inner organs. It is highly recommended.
- Green soybeans contains the same amount of protein as tofu. It also contains various vitamins, making it a great food to eat while drinking.
- Octopus and squid has plenty of protein and taurine, which helps strengthen liver functions and helps you wake up fresh the next morning.
【Ingest sodium and water at the same time】
- Alcohol takes away a large amount of sodium from the body, so resupply sodium and water with miso soup or any other kind of salty soup.
The reason ramen you eat after drinking tastes so good is because the body is scarce of sodium, and the body is in need of it, Ingesting sodium while drinking will take away the urge to eat ramen, which will also help you lose weight.
３．What to eat and drink after you drink
【Drink water before you go to sleep】
A very simple thing, but it may be the most important. No matter what you do to prevent yourself from getting a hangover, becoming dehydrated while you’re asleep will make all the effort useless. Drinking about 500ml of water before going to sleep is said to help prevent hangovers. Since you may forget to drink water when you come home drunk, it may be good to leave a bottle water beside your bed before you go outside.
【Drink fruit juice】
- Fruits are absobed quickly, helping the body recover from low blood sugar.
- Vitamins contained in fruits help replenish nutrients lost by alcohol.
- Citrus fruits such as oranges and grape fruits are especially effective.
【Miso soup with fresh clams】
- “Ornithine” contained in fresh clams helps liver functions.
- Protein is also contained, which also helps strengthen liver functions.
- Helps resupply sodium and water lost by alcohol.
There are so many things you can do before your drink, while you’re drinking, and after you drink to prevent hangovers. No one likes to regret a fun night when they wake up the next morning. Make just a little effort and feel great the next day.
We hope you enjoyed “3 ways to change the way you drink to relieve hangovers”
Thank you for reading.