<Purpose> To work out your hip joints to look better when wearing pants
<Which muscles to work out> Adductor muscles, gluteus maximus
Wearing pants with a suit has become common in todays business scene.
Hips are an important factor in making your leg line look beautiful.
Although there are many ways to train your hip joints since it consist of various muscles, in this article we will introduce how to work out your adductor muscles, which help your legs become slim and relieves bow legs, and your gluteus maximus, which helps create your hip line.
- Your hip joints are the terminal of your bodies muscles
- Learn from ballerinas
- Say good bye to bow legs by doing the “Side lunge”.
- Create a beautiful hipline by doing the “hip lift”
- Summary… If you understand your hips, you understand how to move your entire body
Your hip joints are the terminal of your bodies muscles
The muscles surrounding your hip joints are in a complex structure in order to be able to move your legs in various directions while supporting the weight of the body. Since it connects your upper body muscles to your legs, it can be called the “terminal of your muscles”.
Hip joint muscles can be separated into 9 groups
1.”Abdominal rectus muscles”
Inner muscles that go around the stomach to the back. Used to keep body balance.
Muscles that connect the back bone and femur. It consists of the “major psoas muscle”, “psoas minor muscle”, and “iliac muscle”, and are used when you raise your legs.
A muscle group centered around the “gluteus medius”. It helps the body keep balance, and working them out leads to having good posture.
A large muscle that shapes the hip. It is mainly used when straightening your back and raising your feet backwards.
An important muscle that starts from the ischial bone (located at the root of the thighs), goes through the femur and knees, and connects the shins, It consists of 3 muscles, such as the “biceps femoris”.
The collective term of the 4 muscles located on the front side of the thighs. Used when bending your knees and jumping. Athletes especially need to work out these muscles.
A collective term of 5 muscles located on the inside of the thighs, and is used when opening your legs. If your adducent muscles are weak, you tend to become bow legged.
8.”Tensor fascia lata muscles”
Muscles located around where your hand goes when you place them in your pockets. It is related to the movements of the hip, and you tend to become bow legged when you walk if they are weak.
9.”Six deep external rotator muscles”
6 muscles that connect the pelvis and femur. The deepest inner muscles, which are difficult to work out consciously.
Learn from ballerinas
If your hips are flexible your legs become able to rise high in front of you, making them become naturally slim.
“The ballerina stretch”
- Place one stretched leg on the seat of a chair.
- Bend the other legs knee, and slowly lower your hip.
- When you reach the lowest limit, stop and count 30 seconds.
The key is to focus on your hip joints when lowering your hips. It may be good to start with a low chair or a stool.
Say good bye to bow legs by doing the “Side lunge”
We will introduce the “side lunge”, which is especially effective for the adducent muscles.
Working out your adducent muscles, prevents and improves bow legs. Dipping your body down left and right can also be used in sports.
- Stand while spreading your legs wider than your shoulders. Face your feet outwards.
- Cross your arms in front of you.
- Bend one knee and slowly lower your hip while sliding your body sideways.
- Focus on the insides of the opposite thigh, and your hip joints.
- Bring your body back up, and bend the other knee while lowering your hip.
2 sets of 20 are recommended.
Create a beautiful hipline by doing the “hip lift”
We will introduce the “hip lift”, which is the simplest way to work out your gluteus maximus, the muscle that shapes your buttocks.
【The hip lift】
- Bend your knees and lie down facing upwards.
- Raise your back and buttocks.
Focus so that your upper body to the top of your knees become a straight line.
- Keep for 3 seconds, and then bring it back to the original position.
2 sets of 20 are recommended. Raise your body while focusing on hardening your buttocks muscles.
Summary… If you understand your hips, you understand how to move your entire body
- Hip joint muscles are used frequently, when the body stands up, sits down, runs, and jumps.
- It is important for athletes and performers to understand the construction of your hip joint.
- Make your hip joints more flexible by using ballet stretch techniques.
- Hip lifts are the most basic training method to making your hips slender.
Out of the 400 muscles of your body, you were able to work out the adductor muscles and gluteus maximus!
We hope you enjoyed “How to work out your hips to make you look better wearing pants”.
Thank you for reading.